Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Narnia Characters

Here's my first stab at character design for my visual development class. We had a few stories to choose from, and I picked "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" by C.S. Lewis. They look OK, but I feel like I stifled myself creatively since I know the Narnia books so well, I don't want to design outside of the story, whereas some of my classmates are getting more "out there" with their projects and seem to be having fun with it. Then again, it's so early in my program that there's nothing wrong with focusing on simple designs that are well-structured. Then, when I have my own crazy ideas later, I'll be better prepared to draw them (I hope)! So here we have designs for Jadis (The White Witch), then Peter, and Lucy!






Facial expressions too!


No comments: